(As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to learn more.)
This is a delicious way to add fiber and nutrients to your keto diet
- 2 cups berries of choice fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds (I prefer to grind mine into a powder with a coffee grinder)
- 1-3 tablespoons of Swerve or sweetener of choice to taste
- 1 tsp of extract (I use either vanilla or cake batter)
- Cook your berries (I used raspberries) in a saucepan over medium heat until they begin to break down, about 5 min.
- Stir in the lemon juice and sweetener (to taste)
- Mash it down or leave it chunky
- Cook for 5 more min, remove from heat and stir in chia seeds and extract
- Let stand until it begins to thicken. You can add water if you like it a thinner consistency.
- Allow it to cool to room temperature and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks and in the freezer for up to three months.
- It is great on some keto bread or to top your desserts.