It’s super quick and easy to make, thickened with chia seeds. This is a delicious way to add fiber and nutrients to your keto diet.
(As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to learn more.)
- 2 cups berries of choice fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds (I prefer to grind mine into a powder with a coffee grinder)
- 1-3 tablespoons of Swerve or sweetener of choice to taste
- 1 tsp of extract (I use either vanilla or cake batter)
- Cook your berries (I used raspberries) in a saucepan over medium heat until they begin to break down, about 5 min.
- Stir in the lemon juice and sweetener (to taste)
- Mash it down or leave it chunky
- Cook for 5 more min, remove from heat and stir in chia seeds and extract
- Let stand until it begins to thicken. You can add water if you like it a thinner consistency.
- Allow it to cool to room temperature and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks and in the freezer for up to three months.
- It is great on some keto bread or to top your desserts.