One recipe we have enjoyed year after year is
They are very simple to make and you will be amazed at how they taste.
This recipe can be served at parties or for a quick dinner. Just add ingredients to your slow cooker, stir and set slow cooker to low for 8 hours.
(As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to learn more.)
You can use jam sweetened with a keto-friendly sweetener like monk fruit or stevia. We prefer to make our own. Raspberry jam or Cranberry jam
- 2 pounds of ground beef (or 1 pound ground beef and 1 pound ground pork)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- 3 tablespoons of flax meal (optional)
- salt and pepper
- optional spices – garlic, paprika, onion powder, parsley, oregano
Mix all ingredients really well. Roll into approximately 1 1/2 inch meatballs. Place in slow cooker.
- 2 cups Raspberry or cranberry jam (See recipe below)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar Swerve or golden Monk fruit
- 3 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp of ground allspice
- 2 tsp of chili powder
- 2 – 3 Tablespoons of coconut
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp of red pepper flakes (if you want it spicy)
Mix all ingredients together, pour over meatballs and stir. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for approximately 3 hours.
- If you are in a hurry, you can roll meatballs and place them on a parchment covered pan. Bake at 375 till done.
- While waiting for meatballs to bake, mix all sauce ingredients in a saucepan and simmer on low till heated.
- Once meatballs are done, mix meatballs and sauce together, and serve.
Keto Jam Recipe
- 4 cups of frozen (or fresh) cranberries, raspberries, or a mix of the two
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- granulated stevia or golden monk fruit sweetener to taste
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum (optional)
Place cranberries or raspberries in a saucepan. Heat over medium heat, while stirring, until fruit begins to break down, and release its own fluid. Add lemon juice and sweetener. Continue to simmer while stirring, for approximately 5-8 min. Add xanthan gum. Mix well. Can use a blender or an immersion blender if you prefer a smmoth consistency.