Starting any new diet can feel overwhelming, including the keto diet. However, keeping a variety of low-carb and keto snacks on hand will keep it from feeling intimidating.
(As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to learn more.)
When you get hungry you want a snack that is quick and easy to prepare.
When you are living a keto lifestyle, your snack choices are limited when you are on the go.
We have put together an ultimate list of some low-carb and keto snacks that will help you.
1.Pork rinds – There are several different types. Make sure you read the ingredients. Many flavored ones have sugar or maltodextrin. Epic Pork Rinds are some of the best. And, they have several different flavors.
2. Tuna on tomato slices – Watch out for soy in the tuna. If it states vegetable broth in the tuna ingredients, that is soy. Look for the ones in olive oil. Most of those do not contain soy. Wild Planet brand is earth friendly and ingredients friendly.
3. Cottage cheese and berries – Look for 4% milkfat cottage cheese. The only brand I have found that did not contain either maltodextrin or modified cornstarch was Daisy.
4. Hard-boiled eggs – These are really easy to make ahead and keep on-hand. The Instant Pot makes it really easy to make and peel them.
5. Nuts – Pecans are a great choice on the keto diet due to their macro ratio. Walnut and almonds (best to get blanched) are two another good choices.
6. Carrot sticks and hummus – Because carrots have a higher glycemic index and chickpeas are a legume, this snack is best for low-carb diets. Though some make it work on their keto diet.
7. Peanut butter and celery – Peanuts are also a legume, making this snack good for low-carb diets. Again, this is your choice to make. If you do choose to eat peanut butter make sure the ingredients are peanuts and salt only. Many brands add sugar or palm oil, among many other ingredients.
8. Ham and cream cheese roll-up – These are quick and easy to make. Remember to check ingredients on the ham.
9. Cream cheese and celery – I like to add a little salsa too. Make it your own.
10. Cheese sticks – There are so many varieties of cheese. Pick one and enjoy it.
11. Olives – The olive fruit, from the olive tree, is the source of olive oil and a great fat source.
12. Turkey and Swiss cheese roll-ups – These are really great dipped in mayonnaise for an added fat source.
13. Baked cheese crisps – Whisps are tasty and convenient. However, you can make your own by baking small piles of shredded cheese. Both are really good. Though, if you plan on making your own, you should definitely use a silicone baking mat. THIS is the one I have.
14. Pepperoni slices and cheese – These are always a satisfying snack. Though, those little slices add up macros quickly.
15. Bacon – Bacon can be added to anything to make a tasty treat. We have even used them as a substitute for chips.
16. Beef Jerky – This snack is super convenient. You definitely have to read ingredients with this one. The ones in the grocery store all contain some form of sugar and lots of fillers. We recommend “People’s Choice Beef Jerky” and “Keto Carne” Both are keto-friendly.
17. Sunflower Seeds – These are a great snack for on the go. We portion our servings out before taking them.
18. Bacon and cream cheese fat bombs – Mix chopped bacon and cream cheese then roll into balls and chill. We like to add chives also. You could also roll it in chopped nuts. Yum!
19. Bacon, lettuce, and tomato wraps – Can’t go wrong with this easy snack.
20. Tuna wraps – Remember to read the ingredients if you are trying to stay away from soy.
21. Berries – Blackberries, strawberries, and blueberries can be consumed in moderation. This is due to their low glycemic index.
22. Sugar-free chocolate – There are several chocolate bars that are low-carb and dirty keto friendly. Choczero Keto Bark, although it does contain corn fiber is one choice. Another choice is Lilly’s Chocolate Bars, though these do contain soy. I prefer to buy un-sweet baking chocolate, melt it, then add my own sweetener. Then spread it out on some parchment and let harden.
23. Pickles and cheese slices – These are great plain or with a little mayonnaise.
24. Broccoli or cauliflower with ranch – Most ranch dressings have sugar or inflammatory oils added. You can make your own with equal parts sour cream and mayonnaise. Then add heavy cream to your desired consistency and some pickle juice. Add parsley, dill, garlic powder, and onion powder or chives.
25. Cucumbers and ranch – Quick and simple.
26. Zucchini pizza bites – Slice your zucchini, top with marinara sauce, and pepperoni, then bake.
27. Plain, full-fat, Greek yogurt – This is really good with some blueberries, lemon juice, and sweetener.
28. Lunch meats – Sometimes when we are needing something to snack on, we will just grab some lunch meat, roll it up and eat it.
29. Avocado –
30. Tuna on cucumber slices – Great source of protein.
31. Zucchini chips – Slice zucchini as thin as you can. We like to use a mandoline for this task. Toss with some olive oil and sea salt. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour on each side at 225 degrees F.
32. Veggies with guacamole – Can use bell peppers, cucumbers, broccoli, celery, zucchini, etc.
33. Deviled Eggs – These are really easy to make. Boil your eggs. We like to use an Instant Pot for this. It makes it really easy and quick. Once boiled and peeled, cut eggs in half, mash up the yolks. You can then add mayonnaise, mustard, diced dill pickles, or onions.
34. Bacon wrapped chicken bites – Not only does this make a great dinner but a delicious snack.
35. Red bell pepper dipped in salsa – I often use red bell peppers instead of chips with my salsa. Sometimes I add cream cheese.
36. Fried broccoli bites – These are absolutely amazing fried in an air fryer. You can also pan fry or bake in the oven until they are slightly crispy. Add olive oil and parmesan cheese for added flavor.
37. Fried cauliflower bites – Cauliflower can also be a great snack when fried in an air fryer, skillet, or
38. Bone Broth – This makes a great and healthy snack. Kettle and Fire Bone Broth is great tasting and healthy.
39. Crust-less pizza – Craving pizza? Melt some shredded cheese in a skillet then top with some marinara sauce, and a variety of keto-friendly toppings.
40. Whipped cream with berries – Whip your own heavy whipping cream and sweeten with your favorite keto sweetener.
41. Salami wrapped in cheese – This is a great snack that is also convenient on the go.
42. Pepperoni chips – Take pepperoni slices and either bake them or microwave them until crispy. It does not take long.
44. Sausage balls – Delicious and fairly easy to make, check out the recipe by Yummly.
45. Almond Butter – Best to make sure that you are using almond butter from blanched almonds.
46. Fathead dough bread-sticks – Just do a search on Pinterest and you will find multiple variations of this recipe. You can use it as a pizza base or as bread-sticks.
47. Pumpkin seeds – This is another great snack on the go.
48. Coffee or tea – Sometimes when I think I want a snack I make myself some coffee and it just hits the spot.
49. Candied pecans (made with Swerve) – We make these often. Start with about 2 tablespoons of butter. Melt in a skillet. Add about 4 tablespoons of granulated Swerve and cinnamon to taste. Continue to cook over low heat about 5 min. Spread out on your parchment paper or silicon baking mat and let harden.
50. Jalapeno Poppers – Check out these 4 ingredients Jalapeno Poppers recipe.
We would love to hear about your favorite snack. Please leave us a comment below and tell us about it!
Pin this photo to save for later.